4th Annual ‘Stoga 5v5 Lax Fest
Conestoga High School – Sunday, October 15, 2017
Rain Date – Sunday, October 29, 2017
(Open to Teams/Girls in Grades 3-8/Boys in Grades 4-5)
Welcome to the 4th Annual ‘Stoga 5v5 Lax Fest, which will feature a day full of fun and competitive lacrosse. Games will be played in a small-sided round robin format.
The event, organized and hosted by Conestoga Girls and Boys Lacrosse, promises to attract many teams from the Greater Philadelphia area. The Lax Fest will be staged in a fun and festive setting with contests, skills competition, food, refreshments, vendors, prizes and other activities!
The event will help raise money for the Fighting Back Scholarship Program and its Peter Kienzle Fund in particular. Fighting Back is an organization based in Malvern that assists individuals who are recovering from a life-changing illness or injury and are without the finances needed to participate in a rehabilitative exercise program.
Interested sponsors are invited to support the event. Click here for more information about sponsorship, the Pete Kienzle Fund and the Fighting Back Scholarship Program.
Due to numerous requests, we are adding a 3rd/4th grade Play Day for the girls – Click here for more information.
|8:00am-8:30am||Breakfast concessions, check-in|
|8:30am-11:45am||5v5 Round Robin Games, shooting competition (targets and speed gun)|
|GIRLS (5th – 8th)|
|11:30am-12:15pm||Lunch concessions, check-in, dynamic warm-up/stretching conducted by certified trainers|
|12:30pm-1:15pm||Clinic Sessions (shooting, dodging, defensive techniques) with top-notch guest clinicians|
|1:15pm-1:30pm||5v5 Demonstration Clinic (Short-Sided Format – Rules and Techniques)|
|1:30pm-4:15pm||5v5 Round Robin Games|
Venue(s): Conestoga High School’s Teamer Field (and adjacent fields) — 200 Irish Road, Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Food/Festivities: Vendors will be on site selling food, water, Gatorade, soda, snacks and fun merchandise! Contests will be staged during the day with prizes awarded to winners.
Team/Player Registration: Click here to register
- Programs directors/coaches – Set up an account (retain your User ID and Password to access your team information), and indicate the name of the team, the age group and the level.
- Players on any given team will also need to register once the team is signed-up; players will be able to select their team from a drop down list to join that team’s roster. All players must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- Individual girls interested in attending the clinic and joining the fast-paced 5v5 fun (including goalies) can register and join the fun on “house teams.” NO WALK UP REGISTRATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED.
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 9, 2017 (registrations will be accepted on a “first come first served” basis until the event is full.
- $250/team – Early Bird Special (must be registered and paid ON OR BEFORE September 30th)
- $300 ON OR AFTER October 1st
- $40 per individual to play on a house team – includes participation in clinic
- $30 for 3rd/4th grade play day
- BOYS (2025 and 2026 teams only)
- Payment is web-enabled; you can pay on-line or via check (on-line payments may involve payment of a processing fee)
Stick Donations: The Conestoga Girls Lacrosse team is asking all teams/participants to bring a used lacrosse stick that can be donated to support the Philadelphia Lacrosse Association’s HEADstring Project.